Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Can A Person Have Too Many Knives?

Knife Addiction?


I think it's a serious question - Can a person have too many knives? This past weekend I attended a gun show and you would think I would have been more interested in the guns. No, not me, I drooled over the knives.

I stopped at every single vendor that was selling knives. It didn't matter if they were the cheap ones or the expensive ones - handmade or manufactured - I looked at them all. Full tang, half tang, drop point, clip point - daggers, folders, fixed blade, I thought I was in heaven.

Now the funny part about my trip to the gun show, is what I wore. It was supposed to be warm and sunny but it ended up being chilly so I had to pull a few things from my B.O.B to stay warm. Sorry, no pictures because I don't do selfies and well, I'm not ready to show my pretty little face on here yet. Maybe one day.



I wore a nice little dress that was black and white with a paisley design.  Since it got cold, I put on some black leggings and....my hunting boots. It gets even better though - I put on my US Desert Storm Night Camouflage Parka Jacket. Man, did I get some stares.

For my jewelry, I had a A G Russell neck knife, I had a Kershaw knife clipped to my underwear, I had a Benchmade folder in my pocket, attached to my little carry purse I had an antique sterling silver knife and I had a boot knife, oh and on a key chain I had a tiny decorative knife with mother of pearl on it and in another pocket I had a Spyderco.

Hello, my name is Prepper Principles, and I am a knife-a-holic.

But, get this, once the knife dealers really knew that I didn't just carry but I could talk the talk - just like the guys - I was able to get my hands on some really cool knives at deeply discounted prices that I normally could never afford. Even with my Pinky issues I feel I picked out a few good winners.

I can't even tell you how many knives I have in my car, and yes, some are more collector knives and decorations but most are functional. I just don't get rid of them. If I think about it, I've only ever sold 3 of my knives - the rest I keep. Two knives were more like kitchen knives and I really didn't care about them and the other knife I donated to charity auction for a friend battling cancer. Other than that, I keep them all.

Is there a group for knife hoarders LOL!

No comments:

Post a Comment