Wednesday, April 16, 2014

Time to Get Back To Gardening

My family had massive gardens. I'm talking enough that we fed our entire community. People would arrive in their pick up trucks and when they left the bed was full.  Everyone worked in it and everyone benefited from it. I miss those days. My dad was the master gardener. I did not appreciate it as a kid and really didn't garden once I moved away from home. Maybe a few tomato plants here and there. I think when I was married we only ever had one garden. SMH

I miss it and guess what I am going to do?

I'm going to tackle gardening again - my way.

Thank goodness I didn't plant anything yet. It actually snowed again where I am at and I hope that was the last of Old Man Winter.  My pallet garden starts this weekend.

I will be posting a few updates here and everything I learn will be documented and put out for everyone to use and learn as well.

Now, just so you know, I'm the person that can not drive a zero turn mower. I have a lot of mishaps so this should be very entertaining for me and for you to read about.

If you have any tips for me; please let me know.

My first project is a Potato Pallet.

I'm excited to pass on what my dad taught me; let's just hope I'm not too old to remember everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment