Wednesday, April 23, 2014

Prepping is Dangerous

A Mishap In Prepping


*Warning if you don't like feet, don't look at the picture*


I told you things could be exciting around here.


So I had a little mishap while prepping. I thought I could repair some generators that I picked up at flea markets. Yeah, I've been fighting this battle of  "I can do everything syndrome". I am not too mechanically inclined but I can handle some things. I once replaced a carburetor on a 1966 Mustang. Man, I miss that car.

Anyway, I've finally admitted defeat. After watching YouTube videos, reading manuals and seeking advice from a local small engine repair guy I decided I would just take one of them to him and see if he could fix it for me. This was a real blow to my ego. You see, when I first went to him for advice he gave me the "you're a girl" look. I dislike that look and it really pisses me off. Honestly part of the reason I'm taking it to him is because I just don't have the time to tinker with it any more. I've kept two for myself to fix later.

So I was loading, or should I say, trying to load it into my mode of transportation and even with the help of my offspring, I lost my grip. It had started to rain, just a light rain and there were dark clouds looming, the wind was blowing and lightening could be seen in the distance.

My strong and handy teenager tried without success to keep it from falling. I actually yelled "MOVE" so it wouldn't get us both. And as it came falling down on top of my foot, I heard the crunch.

This isn't my first mishap, it won't be my last - but wow, is prepping dangerous and painful. Of course can you imagine how painful being unprepared could be?

Thankfully I'm prepared for my mishaps. I already have a foot boot, from previous mishap of dropping a 6 pack of soda on my foot and I have crutches from another mishap ages ago.

Maybe I'm trying to tackle too much on my own, I don't know, but I can't stop prepping just because I have mishaps.

*Caution Ugly Foot Picture Below*






No comments:

Post a Comment