Tuesday, April 29, 2014

I Am Not Ready For An EMP or Losing My Phone

Phone Panic

If you are following me on Twitter (@prepprinciples), then you know that a few days ago that I posted about losing my phone.

I was in a panic. No, seriously, I will admit it.

I thought I was going to hyperventilate. I was running around the house looking for it like a mad woman. Throwing things around, not out of anger, but you know tossing a sweatshirt out of the way moving magazines around.

Retracing my steps, I checked the bathroom, refrigerator, mailbox, washing machine - OH GOD DID I WASH IT??

This here girl was starting to go into full on panic mode - over a phone!

I posted on Twitter that I lost my phone, as if anyone following me could help me find it!

I checked under my chair, in coat pockets, on the desk, on my dresser, in my dresser drawers.

Then it hit me - what in the world was I going to do if an EMP hit and there were no cell phones.

Chill out, I told myself.

I sat back down and did some work on my computer. And then I decided it was time to go do some yard work and realized my headphones were still in my car.

Guess where I found my phone?

Sitting on the seat of my car.

Lesson Learned - Don't panic, not even over a misplaced phone. It gave me some things I need to work on and prepare for, a list that always seems to grow instead of getting smaller.

No comments:

Post a Comment