Friday, April 11, 2014

My Pinky is Too Short! Now How Do You Plan For That?

Okay all my Prepper friends, I have a serious issue. My pinky is too short. Yeah, you read correctly, my pinky finger is too short.


The pinky finger should be at the joint to your ring finger. Mine is not. Mine is below the joint. I'm a freak of nature. LOL!


Why is this an issue you, ask?


It makes my grip on knives uncomfortable and I can't find a good EDC or Utility knife that I feel comfortable holding. And most handles on the tactical knives are too big for me to grasp. I know you're shaking your head and laughing at my dilemma but this is a serious matter to me.


I have been adapting and overcoming and saving up to have a custom made knife just for me.


I can't believe there aren't very many custom knife makers who specialize in knives for women. Think about it we have pink and purple guns *rolling eyes*. No, I don't want a cheap pink or purple knife; I just want a man's knife for a woman.

A good skinner knife for hunting, yes, I hunt and a really good EDC knife. The ZT0560 was okay, but it's a manual open knife and I prefer auto assist knives. But that's just my opinion. The jimping on the back was a little rough for me and it didn't have the serrated top. I like serrated tops for my EDC. I felt lucky that I was able to try it out thanks to a friend who owned one.


Another friend had the Emerson Super Roadhouse and it is just amazing but too long for me. I really loved this tactical knife though. Man it was sharp and he had been using it for a while. But, again, too big for my small hands and short pinky.


On of my favorite knives to carry is my Kershaw Sapphire. Love this knife for quick tasks, but I couldn't use it all the time because there's really no jimping and no grip. The handle is so smooth but it's very sharp and reliable.



I think my dream knife would be to find one like the Winkler II Utility knife.  Now there is heaven.  LOL!  I wonder what my chances are of getting him to make me a knife?  Oh maybe I should work on that, want to help me out?

So now you know, my pinky is too short, I'm a freak of nature and I really do love knives, really I do. One of my other favorites is this AG Russell that I carry around my neck every where I go.




As you can tell, I'm not loyal to one brand. I just want to find a good EDC, Utility and Tactical knife that fits these little hands of mine and accommodates a short pinky finger.





No comments:

Post a Comment